Beyond The Walls Education (BTWE) takes the approach that the more stakeholder voices that are heard and honored , the more authentic the results. The planning process includes input from students, parents, teachers / staff, administrators, and community members in order to gain the widest perspectives and ideas. We take a six steps approach that includes the following:
1. When a school administrator, site council, or school board determines they would like to move forward with a strategic plan, a meeting is held between BTWE and the appropriate school administrator. While this initial meeting can be done through Zoom, an in person meeting is preferable. We start with the questions 'What is your vision and mission and are you meeting it? Where are you falling short? With these questions guiding the process, the needs and priorities of the schools are then addressed. A three or five year plan will be determined.
2. A strategic planning team is created. This team will include members from each of the five stakeholder groups and BTWE. This team will ensure the process is transparent and will communicate with the stakeholders they represent.
3. Five different questionnaires of 10 to 15 questions each will be sent out to a broad section of the five stakeholder groups which includes students, teachers/staff, administrators, parents and community members. The questionnaires will help determine the priorities that were initially discussed. They will also address goals, timelines and measurements and milestones.
4. A series of smaller focus groups will be held to put a narrative around the priorities and examine what goals will be needed to achieve these goals.
5. A full day forum with up to 15 participants from each stakeholder group. This will be dependent on the size of the school A series of small group and large group guided discussions focusing on goals, action steps, measurements of success or completion, and identifying person or persons responsible.
6. A complete Strategic Plan will be delivered to the school within fourteen days after the final forum.